Surgery may have the ability to support and treat conditions a more conservative approach should always have a second opinion. One from a Doctor of Physical Therapy. A local physical therapist is able to support you in assessing your current conditions and potentially eliminate the pain your in to support and promote healing of an injury. This may result in not needing to have surgery done.
Your physician may even recommend having pre-surgical physical therapy to also best handle your current condition and necessary pain management prior to the best outcomes. Surgery as an invasive procedure also exposes you to a higher risk of;
Opposed to that, physical therapy can support the following types of pain and therapist you may need in certain areas;
- Orthopedic Physical Therapy: Our Doctors of Physical Therapy is able to treat and restore functional health to your musculoskeletal system, bones, tendons and also in building more strength to mobilize your joints from excessive future injuries.
- Pediatric Physical Therapy: this is to support infants, toddlers, children with muscle diseases, limb deficiencies, to developmental delays.
Our Doctors in physical therapy can focus in supporting a wide variety of solutions that benefit your daily health. From both men and women’s general health, vestibular rehabilitation to neurological support. As more and more Americans stay-at-home and work remotely the time for physical therapy is greater than ever. Your physical therapist is able to help you with;
- Working on better balance & range of motion: support your daily health with movements and the ability to do more standing, walking, or even some biking.
In the end, if surgery had occurred, please keep in mind the need for post-surgical physical therapy. Your Doctor of Physical Therapy is able to support you in three ways;
- At our 3 convenient clinics,
- At home visits,
- Through our Telehealth portal.
Post-surgical physical therapy allows you to recover sooner and with less disruption to your daily life. Connect with us online for your first online telehealth consult at a local Ohio physical therapy clinic!